Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Just Thought That I Would Give Those Of You Who Actually Read My Blog An Update!!!







Hey there everyone I thought that I would finally post a new blog entry to catch you all up on my life. I was going to post a year end review in my blog but I feel that I am too late for that, but eventually I'll go into my old blog and post the entry's from there so that those of you who did not know me when I first started blogging can read some past entry's of the time that I used to use Yahoo 360 before changing blogs. So I am sure your all wondering what is with the teeth images in this entry? I wanted to show those of you who have never had one what a root canal looks like and to let you all know that that is what I had done yesterday Monday January 21st 2008, so I'm home from work today in pain. And in case you never had one, those images give you some idea of what it looks like and what they do to you during it. Here is a description of the procedure:

Depending on the number of teeth and severity affected, root canals usually require one to two visits not including any follow-up visits. Your dentist will numb the area around the affected tooth, or may offer you the option of mild sedation. A rubber dental dam is placed and the tooth is then drilled to the pulp area either through the top or the back of the tooth. The actual root canals are measured after some of the pulp has been removed. This is done so that the dentist can clean the entire canal, and so that enough of the filling material will be used to completely fill the canal. The actual measuring is done with either x-rays or electronic imaging devices.

All of the diseased pulp in the tooth is removed, and the canal is cleaned out thoroughly with an antiseptic solution. This solution will clean all of the canals within the tooth. The canals are then filled with gutta percha, a flexible plastic material. A temporary filling is then put on top of that. A crown or permanent filling will be done after there has been no sign of infection. Crowns are most common since the root canal procedure weakens the tooth. The crown is usually placed as soon as possible, within a month or less.

Expect two to three days of soreness after the procedure, or longer if the infection in the root canal was severe.

Anyways enough about the pain and agony *lol*

Not much else to say for now but I will do that post I was talking about doing very soon but I thought that for now this entry would tide you all over those of you that read my blog on a regular basis, I know this was more serious than my entry's tend to be, and I'm sorry if my blog did not take your mind off of your troubles as one of my readers emailed me saying she reads my blog to take her mind off of her job.



2 comments:

Krystal said...

Ugh! Why would you show me that... makes me feel sick all over again... so... painful... :)

Dylan M Ferrier said...

because I felt like sharing my life and day with my friends sorry